March 8, 2009

Chicken Sunday

Just a little chicken update . . .

The "girls" have now been named. The yellow ones are named Crack-a-lack (Eric's) and Robin Hood (Kyler's). The red ones are Speedracer (Kacin's) and Nugget (ha ha, get it? Chicken Nugget! That one is mine.). We can't exactly tell Crack-a-lack and Robin Hood apart yet, but we know that Speedracer has black lines from her eyes to the back of her head--like racing stripes. She has also escaped from the box in the garage once. We think she was trying to fly. She pooped everywhere because she was so scared, but we found her and put her safely back in the box. It is now secured so, hopefully, we have no more escapees.

It is amazing how much the chicks have already grown for being 2 weeks old! They are already losing a lot of the down on their wings. It's fascinating.
On Feb 28th:

Today:


It is also fascinating that Eric thinks he speaks chicken and has become "Chicken Man". Except he calls himself "Lord of the Fowl". OK, maybe fascinating isn't the right word. How about frightening.

Cheryl said...

Ok, the Lord of the Fowl commented cracked me up. I'm so glad I know you guys and that we get to share in these adventures!

Pattie said...

I'm just waiting for one to escape your garage so we can chase it through the neighborhood. The big question is which one will be your first chicken dinner? I will make sure I don't become attached to him/her.

AnneMarie said...

"Lord of the Fowl"--Hilarious!!

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

I love "Lord of the Fowl" that is perfect!!! I laughed too hard! I love hearing the chicken stories. What will your boys do when they become your dinner? My mom has sad stories of having to eat her pets. :)

Jenna Allen said...

"Lord of the Fowl" is great, but I really like the picture of Eric with a cheezy delighted smile, covered by the chickens, best! :) :) :) :)

Those things ARE growing fast! Do you actually think you'll be able to bring yourself to eat them, when it comes down to it??

Holly Janeen said...

i love it.
yours is the best name.
and i watched the ENTIRE chicken documentary last week with Jeff and we almost wet our pants with laughter... i felt dumber by the end of it! no, but really, now everytime i buy eggs all i see is conveyerbelts of chickens!!!

*sigh* i am so jealous of your chickens!!!

Nate & Emily said...

I loved seeing how talented Eric is with those chickens! Its tough... I know I held one, its harder then you think! Cant imagine holding four at one time!! :)
I love the names!