June 12, 2023

our covenants and transformation


I have made covenants with God. When I was baptized I promised to always remember Him, to take His name upon me, and to keep His commandments. In return, I was promised the gift of repentance and to be forgiven when I make mistakes. I was promised that I could have the gift of the Holy Ghost to help me each day.

I have made covenants in the temple. I have promised to keep the laws of obedience, sacrifice, the gospel, chastity, and consecration. I made covenants when I was married to Eric.

Yesterday I was thinking about each one of my covenants and how as I have tried to honor them blessings have come into my life and I have changed because of them. They do not restrict me--they help me to become so much more than I could on my own. They are transforming me.

Our covenants have the power to transform us. As we strive to honor our covenants we can become people of compassion, patience, hope, joy, light, love, and purpose. Striving to remember and keep our covenants brings us closer to Jesus Christ and to our Heavenly Father and allows a power to flow through our lives. Our covenants help us to become and to do so much more than we ever could on our own. 

My covenants help me to become close to my Savior.

As I keep my covenants, I can expect miracles in my life. And I see them!