January 31, 2009

Surprise!

So my husband just gets more wonderful each day. With only a few blatant hints, he thought he should try to do something extra nice this week. So all week, I heard him randomly, out of nowhere, say "Surprise!", like that word was supposed to be the most romantic thing ever. It got to be just a huge joke between us. . . But then the real surprise came . . . Friday night he actually came home right at 5pm. As I was getting dinner ready, I heard a knock at the door. Who could it be? Ashley--our babysitter! Eric had secretly arranged for a babysitter to come so we could go out on a date! I don't think I've ever been more excited or happier to see Ashley. It gets better. He actually had a date planned! We went to Texas Roadhouse and ate some yummy food. I just LOVE the rolls there! Then we walked around the mall and got to talk to each other! Does it get better than that? Thank you, Eric! I really loved the surprise date!
The image “http://twincitiesrestaurantblog.typepad.com/tcrb/images/texasroadhouse_0011000_1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Barb said...

He really is a MOST wonderful husband!! Why were you hinting for a special surprise? Just needing one, or an anniversary of something?

Pattie said...

What a sweet man he is....so thoughtful! Glad you enjoyed your night out - you deserve it.

mommy said...

Good work Eric!

Cheryl said...

Eric, feel free to call Dale and do some coaching any time you want!

Natalie said...

I have such a wonderful brother!!

Holly Janeen said...

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!
eric... you smooth dawg, you.