February 2, 2009

I Can Do Hard Things

Kacin: Can you tell us a bedtime story?
Mommy: Ok, hmm . . .

"Once upon a time there was a little boy playing at the park. He saw a huge slide and he thought it might be fun to go down it. So he started to climb up the ladder. He climbed and climbed. When he reached the top, he froze. He was so high! He got really scared to go down. He didn't think he could do it! And then he remembered that even when things are scary and hard, he can do it. So he went down the slide and when he reached the bottom he gave a great big smile. The end."

Kyler: Mommy, what was the boy's name?
Mommy: Hmm. I don't know his name.
Kyler: I think his name is Kyler because I can do hard things!
Cheryl said...

Let me say again that you guys are the best thing that could have ever happened to those boys!!! You can do hard things too, and they're going to reap the benefits. Keep up the good work!

Natalie said...

I love my family!! I wish you guys were here Laura!!! Or that I was there??? One or the other..... p.s. I am going to Disneyland and I can't wait!

Pattie said...

Keep them coming...the stories, that is. Your kids are so much fun!

Lynnae said...

That was adorable. I love it. It seriously almost made me cry...and then I laughed. You guys are the best!

Barb said...

I am going to cry, I miss you guys and seeing all this precious stuff in person.

Holly Janeen said...

lol... your boys are the best.