January 18, 2009

A Different Kacin

I thought Kacin was a pretty unique name. And then we met 2 different Kacin's this week . . .

Rhonda let Kacin and Kyler each choose a stuffed animal this week. Kacin was ready to choose a Dora doll, but then he saw this puppy (OK, it's actually a polar bear, but Kacin denies it and calls it his puppy. Who am I to argue?) We asked him what it's name was. He said, "A different Kacin". So now Kacin the dog/polar bear comes with us everywhere. Kacin is adamant about not leaving him home alone. So this week he's spent many days sitting in my car instead.
Right now, my favorite place ever is Thanksgiving Point. It's too cold for the gardens, so we headed to the dinosaur museum on Saturday. It so happened that Pattie and her kids were there too! So fun! Anyways, we looked around and then headed down to the big sand table. Kacin was happily playing next to a little boy when he heard someone behind him say "Pull up your sleeves, Kacin". He quickly turned around to her, held up his arms to show the short-sleeved shirt, and yelled "Look! They already are!". Our confused little boy turned back around to play. How could this lady know his name and not know the difference between short- and long-sleeved shirts?! Oh wait, she was talking to her own little boy, also named Kacin, splashing water and sand all over his long-sleeved shirt. I wish we had a picture of our Kacin's face. It was classic . . .
Holly Janeen said...

lol... your boys... so hilarious!

i hope mine is as funny as yours are!

Barb said...

I miss the boys SO much, and this was laugh out loud funny! I miss you and the E- rock too. . .

Nate & Emily said...

Thats too funny! Way to already have your sleeves pulled up Kacin!

Stefanie Hyer said...

Your blogs are always so fun to read! What a cute "dog" Kacin has! I like the name Kacin alot! I don't think I have ever met anyone else with that name before! :)