December 7, 2010

My Head Hurts

Really now.
I just paid one of mine a dollar to go play in his room for 15 minutes.
The constant chatter
for the last hour
about Santa and the desk he's going to bring
and his birthday party and . . .
my head was starting to spin.

Or maybe it was already spinning
from the talk I had to have this morning with the other one of mine
about how we only pee in the toilet--
not in a cup we find in our room.
Goodness.

On the bright side,
I am glad that if he was going to talk nonstop
at least it was about things he is excited about
and making plans for
and not just whining and complaining.

And I am glad that at least the honesty lesson
has sunk in
and we knew the truth right away about
the "new toilets" conveniently used.

Right now
I am mostly glad that Eric did not eat
the last bite-sized Snickers bar in the freezer.
I just did.
Stefanie Hyer said...

=) Way to think positively! I had a pretty bad moment today myself! With Kacin, tell him to go draw a picture of the desk Santa is bringing him, or make up a dance or something... I tell Bryce to go get a juice box or find his ball, he usually will get distracted and forget about coming back to complain to me, but I just dont think it would work the same for Kacin.

AnneMarie said...

Ahhh, the the daily life of parenthood...

BTW, Love the picture!!

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

I had one of those days last week! It's a good thing they're cute... :-)