August 2, 2009

Hello!

We are safely here in Arizona and really grateful to all the people who helped us out in the move!!


Hello to the SUN. Lots of it.

Hello to the townhouse that we can stay in until we find a place of our own (thanks so much Nancy and Wade!).

Hello swimming pools. Even though when I am in you, I am frightened by the fearlessness of my boys as they think they are the best swimmers in the world, BUT they are not. Kyler's flip off of the side and Kacin's happy little "backstroke" are enough to make any mom cringe.

Hello family! We have already loved having family home evening with you and playing Settlers with you.

Hello house hunting again. With Fatman (a.k.a. my dad) as realtor I'm sure it won't be long before we find our perfect home.

Hello air conditioning in my car. So glad you work so well.

Hello school where I did my student teaching at and preschool I taught at. Isn't it cool that Kyler will start Kindergarten at you and Kacin will be in Pre-K at you?

Hello Dairy Queen and Bahama Bucks. How did Utahans survive without you?
Hello great big city libraries with every book I could ask for! I missed your rows and rows of books and friendly staff.

Hello clear, endless skies. What beautiful sunsets!

Hello Lance, the yoga instructor. For a time, I thought I wanted to be a yoga instructor because of you . . . I'm so excited to go to your classes again.
Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

Mmmmm.... Bahama Bucks! Its been too long!

Cheryl said...

I'm a little shocked how much you've already squeezed in during these first few days. Good for you! I must admit, though, I've never heard of Bahama Bucks. All the more reason to come visit you.

Holly Janeen said...

i am glad you posted the positives AND the negatives so that i wouldn't get extremely jealous and hateful that you live back in AZ.
now all i can think about is how great it would be to live by family and have a free babysitter, or have my FAVORITE FOOD PLACES close by!
*sigh*
enjoy it for me :)

Pattie said...

Wow, sounds like you are not missing Utah at all! I wanna come for a swim and Dairy Queen.

nancy said...

Glad you are in AZ. Hope the boys learn how to swim soon!

Nate & Emily said...

Your making miss AZ! But mostly now I just want a Bahama Bucks! :)