July 30, 2009

Goodbyes

It's moving day . . .



Goodbye little blue house with your many levels and tiny bedrooms. We grew fond of you, even though we quickly grew out of you. Many happy memories were made within your walls.




Goodbye backyard. We love the space we have in you to play and jump on the trampoline. We are proud of the white fence we enclosed you with. We love the cement we poured on the side of the house and the hours we have spent riding bikes and scooters. We love to sit all cozy on our patio furniture talking, reading books and just enjoying you. Your peaches, nectarines, and apples were splendid. Sorry are garden plans fell through because we had to move. You are the epitome of an awesome backyard.


Goodbye chickens. You were our first pets. It has been so thrilling to watch you grow from soft, baby chicks to egg-laying chickens.
Goodbye visiting teachers. I never knew how fabulous the visiting teaching program is until I had two of the best, real visiting teachers. You actually came each month and talked with me and taught me exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you, thank you!



Goodbye next door neighbors whom we love. We love spending time with you, BBQing, going on walks, and playing.


Goodbye little parks. There are 5 of you within walking distance and we love playing on you. I don't think we will have that luxery in AZ . . .


Goodbye walking up hills.


Goodbye Mountains. I loved looking out my window and seeing such a beautiful sight. I loved seeing you snow-covered or green. I loved seeing the sun rise over you.


Goodbye Thanksgiving Point. You are the coolest place ever. Your gardens are by far my favorite. I think I would come back to Utah just to stroll along your paths hand-in-hand with Eric or see the boys roll down your green hills again. You have the most magical places to sit and think or to read at.
Goodbye bakery. We loved your name, Flour Girls, Dough Boys, your quaintness, your yummy food and treats.



Goodbye JCW's. You have the best bacon cheeseburgers ever.
Goodbye 6 temples. All within a 1/2 hour of me. I loved the fact that when I went to one temple and found out it was closed for cleaning that it didn't ruin my temple trip. I just drove 10 more minutes.



Goodbye YW in my ward. You have taught me so much and I'm so glad I got to work with you for awhile. You are a fun, amazing group of girls.



Goodbye driving to costco and the grocery stores without passing through any stoplights.


Goodbye Book Club. The friendships I made, the things I learned from our discussions, and the laughs we had were priceless.


Goodbye Utahn friends! We will miss you and hope to keep in touch. I'm sure we will be up to Utah sometime in the near future. Kacin says we have to come back and go sledding again.

AnneMarie said...

I miss you guys already! Your post made me cry. Hopefully we can meet up while our family is in AZ for Thanksgiving. Best wishes to your family with this new start.

Nate & Emily said...

Goodbyes are so sad! Glad we got to hang out one last time before you guys left! Take care in AZ... and take care of those cute boys!

Alisha said...

Goodbyes are sad! I'm excited for you and your little family, but we are going to miss you at school and our monday meetings every other week. Good luck!!

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

I'm guessing you made it safely! I'm so glad we got to go out with your family before you left. Now I want to go back for more bread! Make sure to keep in touch! Good luck getting settled!

Pattie said...

Our guest room is ready and waiting for you when you come back...it's a little bigger than the tiny bedrooms in the little blue house (haha). We know you will be happy in Phoenix and even happier when we come for a visit. See you soon!

Jenna Allen said...

Oh, sad!
BUT... I for one, am glad that you all are COMING. :)
See you tonight dear sister!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the Goodbye summary. I think it summed up the feelings the rest of us have for you and your family in return. You have been a tremendous blessing in our neighborhood, and you will be missed. But isn't it exciting how life gives you new adventures and new rides?? I have no doubt this will be an exciting one as well. We love you guys!

Jenny said...

We will miss you!! I hope you are all doing well. I will continue to read your blog and am excited to keep hearing about your cute little family!

Darcee said...

Yes, this little corner of the world is a little sadder now. Primary seemed a little emptier today (Kacin's teacher said she was so sad she didn't get to say goodbye to him and told me how much she loved his little spirit.) But you will bless the world in your new little corner. Good luck in the next little bit in finding a place to get settled and all that goes with that--keep us posted!