July 15, 2009

A Quarter of a Century

25 years old today!

. . . I wondered how the day would go when within the first hour of being awake I was looked straight in the eye and lied to twice and said an "I love you" to my 5-year old and he looks straight at me and says "I don't love you" and walks away . . . sigh . . .

It probably didn't help that Eric is away all week . . .
But I had nothing to worry . . . besides missing Eric like crazy, I had a wonderful day.
I am so appreciative of all the phone calls (my dad even called!), emails, and other kindnesses.
We made my yummy birthday cake.
And then I demanded the little kids sing "Happy Birthday" to me so I could blow out the candles.
We got a very special (do you even know how fabulous you are and how much you made my day?) lunch. My mom sent me a birthday box so we got to play "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"
Thanks for coming to my party, neighbor kids! :)

I guess I should mention the doughnuts Eric surprised me with when I got home from girls camp on Saturday!

It was a memorable birthday!

Darcee said...

So glad you had a happy day!! And to think what I was doing at age 25. . .not quite as accomplished as you!! You've done a lot with your quarter of a century!

AnneMarie said...

I totally thought your birthday was a week earlier and that was why you came home from girls' camp on Wednesday! Oh silly me. Glad that it was a good day (even if Eric did have to be out of town--Gary has had to be out of town for my birthday for the past several years, so I know how you feel). I especially like the birthday box idea--gonna keep that one in mind for my own kids since they are starting to leave home this fall.

Jenna Allen said...

Cute!
I love you, Losie!

p.s. You look reallly pretty in your pictures... :)

Stefanie Hyer said...

Im sorry I missed your birthday Laura! Im glad you had a good day~! I cant wait to see you and actually get to do stuff with you again! :)