July 24, 2009

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

Tonight we are FINISHED with this whole traveling-back-and-forth-Eric's-not-home thing!

I'm so done with it. I'm ready to have my husband back.
I miss him. I miss talking with him at night before drifting off to sleep. I miss leaving my house for a few minutes by myself to go on a walk. I miss the fact that he was the one to kill all the HUGE spiders we keep finding in our basement.

So what has gotten me through these last 2 months?


*The avoidance of packing (I'm definitely pretty talented in this area)

*Picnics at Thanksgiving Point reading The Wizard of Oz under a tree, discovering hidden bird houses, and sneaking up on cute bunny rabbits


*Exercising at the good ol' rec center


*Baking (cookies, cinnamon rolls, cake--no wonder I haven't lost any weight)


*Listening to the soundtrack from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (and dancing along, of course)


*BBQing and Birthday partying with my neighbors and hanging out with friends


*Playing with popsicle sticks and with the boxes I should be packing


*Collecting eggs from the chickens


*Reading from the new scriptures Eric gave me for my birthday (not Laura Allen anymore, Laura Allred) A very romantic gift I believe.

*My cell phone and my free verizon-to-verizon minutes so I can call Eric all I want

I really will be "Glad as I can be!" to have Eric home. I LOVE that man so very much. He makes me smile each day. And he's a fabulous daddy!

Jenna Allen said...

Awww. I'm so sorry you've been without Eric, Losie. :(
I'm glad you survived and that it's over.

And that you are coming to see me soon!
:)

Cute pictures and video by the way. The one of them reading together should be framed. :)

Holly Janeen said...

why are your boys cuter than all the rest? oh my lanta... i freakin' love it... i love the last four posts... they are so awesome! i hope you get some help and relief when Eric gets back :)

nancy said...

I'll be glad as I can be to have Eric and all of the rest of you back of AZ!

Pattie said...

I am so glad you can all be together again. Not so glad that you will all be together in another state. We'll come visit soon!