May 3, 2009

Nothing is as Constant . . .

. . . as Change! And apparently our little life is destined to be full of sudden changes. As soon as we get comfortable, the carpet is pulled from beneath our feet.

Eric is being relocated to Phoenix, Arizona!

When talks of this promotion began, my initial reaction was NO WAY! I finally feel settled here in American Fork. I mean, there are finally pictures up on my walls! We have chickens, wonderful neighbors and friends, book club, a fenced and cemented backyard, and, most importantly, I wasn't going to have to move classrooms this year!

But I am cursed. Cursed to never stay in the same classroom 2 years in a row. Because of this curse, Eric interviewed in AZ over spring break, everyone realized how AMAZING Eric is, and they made an offer.

Meanwhile, God did a little softening of my heart. During General Conference at the beginning of April, I listened to
THIS talk by Elder Steven E. Snow entitled "Get On With Our Lives". I couldn't help thinking (as I'm sure did many others), that this talk was one that I needed to hear. I rolled my eyes, but I got the message. Sometimes our lives have to change in order for us to grow. It is a matter of trusting Heavenly Father. He guided Eric and me to Utah and we now have our two cute boys (and lots of other great experiences and friendships). So I just need to continue to put my trust in God and everything will work out for our good--better than I could ever plan.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

This scripture has taken on a lot of meaning for me these last few years (yeah for scripture mastery!)

The plan is now:
* that Eric should sign the official relocation contract this week
*Eric will travel back and forth between AZ and UT for a few months
*We will be down full-time in AZ by Aug. 1
*We don't know where in AZ to live!
*I will stay home next year (possibly try to teach preschool a few days a week, possibly go get my masters degree!!!)
*I will miss Utah a lot!
*But it will be wonderful to be around family again!!


Darcee said...

Oh yay for you guys! But so sad for us. . . especially me and Tom and Cache since we all have loved coming to visit you once a month! (although you'll probably be glad to not be inundated with Waddoups' every month!) Good luck with the transition. Let me know if you need a little break from the boys while Eric is gone.

AnneMarie said...

I have to echo Darcee's comment, "yay for you guys, so sad for us" I'm going to miss you and I feel like I was just getting to know you!! (and book club won't be the same). But if it's what right for your family, then it's what's right. Best of luck while Eric's gone.

(what are you going to do with the chickens?)

Jenna Allen said...

Yay for you guys... and yay for us!
Just yay!

Cheryl said...

I already knew this news and yet I got very teary-eyed as I read your blog. You have been an asset and a blessing in our neighborhood. You have made a mark that will be felt for a long time to come. I'm so happy for your family -- those grandparents will be beside themselves with joy, I'm sure. And I'm so happy we have blogs 'cause we will never be further apart than a good internet connection. And now I'll just know I have somewhere to hang out if I want to escape the Utah winter! We love you guys!!!

Barb said...

I am extremely happy to have the Allreds near us again, good times are coming! But, I have seen their home in Utah, I have read the blogs, heard the stories, and am sad for them that they have to leave a place where they are happy, where they are enriched and have been blessed. And have such good friends! (All of those things will be available in Az.!)

Barb said...

What are you going to do with the chickens?

Pattie said...

So happy for you guys.....so sad for us guys. We'll be down to visit sometime.

Suzanne said...

We are excited and sad -- probably just like everyone else. You are doing the right thing by keeping up the faith and good things will come of it all. And we never got together!!! When you need a refreshing evening you'll have to bring your boys over and let them do hot dogs/s'mores in our fire pit. Tyler went crazy and bought over 50 packages when Oscar Meyer had a sale, so we are ready anytime!

Holly Janeen said...

well i think its a great blessing for your little family. Change is always hard... but i think you can do pretty much anything... cuz i have already seen you overcome SO MUCH together :)
love ya, darling.

Megan said...

Wow! I am so jealous! You are very lucky to be so near your family again for a while. I was excited to move to Utah buteach time I visit my family the harder it is to live so far away. I'm sad we didn';t get to play one more time in Utah since we won't be back until September! Good luck!

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

Good luck with the move! I hate moving! I am sure both yours and Eric's parents will be so thrilled that they will be closer to the boys and to you guys! I love that scripture in proverbs.

Kelly Merrell said...

Yay! We are so glad you guys will be closer!

Alisha said...

We'll miss you here at Freedom, but excited for you and your family and all of the fun things you'll get to do:)

Nate & Emily said...

We are so sad to you see you guys go. Its been nice to have family around and we're glad you came to Utah, even if it wasn't for as long as we would have liked. But We're greatful we had some time to get to know the boys and hang out with you guys. We will miss you... but are also excited for you!