May 19, 2009

Stress, It's a Killer

You know you've had a stressful week
when your husband takes a sticky note he finds laying around and places it on your forehead
and you start bawling.
When he asks you what's the matter,
you proceed to blame everything, in a jumbled string of sentences, from the ending of "To Kill a Mockingbird" to all of the happenings of the last few weeks of school to maybe you're going blind in your right eye to placing the "For Sale" sign up in your front yard.
Did he really understand a thing you said through all those tears??
That'll teach him for attacking you with sticky notes . . .
or maybe he'll just think twice before asking what's wrong . . .

Stress means . . .
A little less sleep . . .
(How can you sleep with laundrey all over your bed?)


A lot less time . . .

(Especially when half of your time is spent worrying about what you have to do, right?)

A little more running/walking . . .

(an attempt to de-stress)


A lot more Krispy Kreme doughnuts. . .
(Terrible, isn't it?)
http://epicurienne.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/krispykreme.jpg




And don't worry, after a good cry, I'm feeling much better now. :)
And I'll be feeling even better after May 29th . . .
Cheryl said...

I've had a couple of good cries lately too, so you're not alone. Life is just darn stressful sometimes. I haven't finished the book yet, but now I'm worried about the ending. Arghh! Tears or not, we love you lots! Hang in there.

AnneMarie said...

I have to agree that sometimes you just need to cry! (I'm the queen of crying--just ask my husband). Plus, as of this morning, only 7 more school days--hang on!

Alisha said...

The end of the year is stressful, and adding moving to a new state to it! I have yet to have my husband put a sticky note on my forehead, but I am sure it will happen someday...that's how i keep track of all of the things that I need to do:)

daveandlisa said...

Poor Laura! That is exactly how I've been feeling the last couple of weeks. Trying to buy a house from 2000 miles away, packing up our whole house to move, planning a move date before knowing we had a house to move to when we got there (thankfully we did actually get something), getting announcements out and getting things ready for my husband's graduation, trying to keep 2 kids entertained amist all of the other things I have to get done, and now trying to get everything in order to push through the closing on our house in a 3 week period so we will have a roof over our heads when we arrive. I think I could break down and cry any minute too...Just know you're not alone!

Jenna Allen said...

I'm so sorry Losie! Yeah, everyone does it. :)

Elaine said...

Buying/selling a house has to be the most stressful thing ever. We are in the same position right now and I have shed my share of tears for sure. By the way- your boys are adorable.

Holly Janeen said...

you can do it!
arizona will be great... i promise :)