May 16, 2009

The Biggest Bounciest Bed

It was "Fathers and Sons" for our ward, but my guys weren't able to go camping because of some scheduling conflicts. So they played catch and got to sleep out under the stars on the best bed in our backyard-- the trampoline! Good times, lots of pillows and blankets, big bounces, and a little sleep thrown in . . .

Eric wasn't sure if the boys would be able to stay out there all night. He gave them a little talk before they headed out to prepare them. He thought they might be too cold or scared or something. But it was actually him who came in at 5:00 in the morning because he was cold! (Ok, Ok, he only had a blanket....he gave the boys the sleeping bags.)

So Eric spent some quality time with the boys last night.
I spent some quality time with a good book.
Cheryl said...

Good for all of you! My boys went to the Father/Son campout - and slept on a mattress in the back of the van! They had a great time.

AnneMarie said...

A good book--could it have been "To Kill a Mockingbird"?

My guys couldn't go either, so they ended up at Star Trek and 5 Guys Burgers & Fries. Maren and I found our way to Zupas!

Barb said...

Eric is a GREAT father!! I can see how he would be cold, his sleeping outside outfit was way different that the boys.
Laura, remember our sleeping on the tramp night?

Whitings said...

That is SO awesome!! I LOVE sleeping out on trampolines! I wish we had one for that very reason

Stefanie Hyer said...

Awe how fun! It is so cute seeing you guys as mommy and daddy! :) Love you!