December 5, 2008

Ornament Exchange

I am NOT a crafty person. Very rarely do I enjoy really creating something. I don't have the patience or the perfectionist personality (well, in that area) to make it look good and then be happy with how it ever turns out. So, when I was approached at church to be a part of a 12-person ornament exchange--in which you bring homemade ornaments--I was very hesitant and ready to say "No". I would've too, except for she came by my house later and personally gave me the invitation. . . Her advice was "Just get chipboard, modge podge, and put glitter all over and it'll be great. Everything is great with glitter." I really couldn't say no, so I was in. So I griped and complained the whole time (just ask Eric :) ), but I made 12 ornaments. And learned an important lesson--never stain wood in your basement when the windows are stuck and won't open. . . .

I probably should've used glitter . . .


Then I went to the Ornament Exchange last night. And it turned out to be really fun! We had a yummy Mexican food dinner and ice cream for dessert, lots of laughing, and exchanged ornaments. I will admit, I'm grateful that our tree isn't quite so bare anymore. I guess with my can't-say-no personality everything turned out well this time. Except, guess who's hosting it next year . . . you're right, the girl who can't say no!!!!
Barb said...

Laura, that's the funniest thing ever, you are hosting next year!
The ornaments look lovely, you are SO crafty!

Natalie said...

Oh Laura- you ar crafty! Do you remember our quilt we made..... Sure it took us some 3 years to finish, but it looked cute!! Sounds like you guys had a fun time!!! I am excited to see you at Christmas :)

Holly Janeen said...

darling idea :)
i wanna have an ornament party now!