December 8, 2008

The Adoption Song

Just a sweet moment that makes all of the tantrums and whining, hours of various appointments, pee in the garbage can, sweeping the floor 3 times a day instead of once a week, cars and legos under my feet, and the unknown-ness of what will happen all worth it . . .

Kyler and Kacin were outside in the backyard riding their scooters with pretend "i-pods" on. They didn't know I was there, but I just came out to take the garbage out. I heard Kyler singing, so I stopped and listened for a moment (eavesdropping--terrible!). He went on singing (tune unknown)"My mommy loves me . . . My mommy loves me . . .(something that I couldn't hear)". He stopped, smiled, and announced "This is my adoption song!".
Stefanie Hyer said...

That is the cutest thing! Your boys are so cute! That is great that they sang that though, and think that... that must make you feel very happy!! You guys are great for them! :)

Natalie said...

I love my family!! I am so happy to hear this- and that I get to see you guys in just a few weeks for Christmas!!

Holly Janeen said...

*sigh*
so sweet :)

what a great mommy you are, Laura!
you better be using your December coupon, girlfriend!!

Cheryl said...

You are so wise to recognize those moments as worth it all! Stockpile those precious moments and use them on the days when you need a boost -- or just call me!

Nate & Emily said...

That is so cute! We are so excited for you guys!