December 21, 2008

Snow!

Growing up in AZ, we would go to the snow in the mountains about once a year. We would make snowmen and go inner tubing down the hills. I remember it being fun, but mostly just being cold. Of course I never had real snow clothes. My jeans and tennis shoes would be soaked. Needless to say, I've never been a big fan of the snow.

Saturday was a perfect day. It wasn't snowing, but we had plenty of snow left from the last few days. We went and bought snow boots for me and Kacin. We dressed in all of our snow gear. I was much more willing to play in the snow when I knew I would be warm. On the other hand, Kyler claims he loves the cold and, even on the way to school, will purposefully walk through the deepest snow piles. He didn't care, he just wanted to get out in the snow.
We surprised the boys by bringing out the sled we had gotten from the adoption shower. When I set it outside Kyler shouted "sleigh!" and ran as fast as he could to it. They were excited! After pulling each other around our yard a few times we went down to the park (fondly known as "the fishy park"). It has perfect hills for sledding and it is so close to our house! So I went on my first sled ride with Kyler. And then he so lovingly turned the sled so we would topple out. What a sweet boy. Kacin crashed a few times and wasn't so happy after that. He watched Kyler go down by himself, so he decided he wanted to try that. So we sent him down the hill and he ended up at the bottom in the snow on his back. That is when the real tears started. Kyler definitely had a blast. He had no fear. It was hard to pull him away. My conclusion: If you are dressed right, snow isn't so bad after all. . .
When we got home, Kacin took a hot bath to get warm. Kyler was in the bathroom waiting for his turn. He put his hands under the water in the sink to warm them up. I left the bathroom for a minute. When I came back, this is exactly what I saw . . .
What can I say? Our son's a problem solver. He was cold. The bathtub was being used. Wouldn't you do the same?



Pattie said...

Darn - we should of joined you. I definitely agree that the snow is TOTALLY great when you are dressed appropriately. Jeans don't cut it here!

Barb said...

Jacqui shared the sink story at dinner, it was just as funny the second time, reading it! Priceless moments. . .

Cheryl said...

I hope those problem-solving skills serve your family well for years to come. Best of luck!

Jenna Allen said...

I just have to say..
Ah-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Greaaaaaaat naked sink story. And picture. This will bring priceless blackmail treasures for years to come. I'd say blow up a large version of it now - so it can be all ready to whip out for his first date. Or wedding.
;)

Holly Janeen said...

fantastic!
you make me want to have a family so bad! look how much fun you have together :)

best picture of the year goes to kyler in the sink.

Stefanie Hyer said...

Ah yes, I head about this... Kyler in the sink! Kids do the funniest things sometimes... smart and surprizing, yet funny! :)