December 15, 2008

Puke Up

Don't worry--no pictures of this one . . . A few weeks ago, I was so proud of myself--I had survived my first experience with throw up and being a parent! I even called my mom to tell her about how amazing I was. When Kacin crawled into our bed and announced "Mommy, I'm going to puke up" I stayed calm and grabbed a bowl. When it happened, I was ready (and relieved that it didn't go all over my bed and only happened once). No problem.

Last night wasn't quite as smooth. I now feel for my own sweet mom. Kyler got really sick last night--all over the bathroom floor. I will spare you all of the details, but between Kyler and Eric's snoring (sorry Eric) I got no more than 3 hours of sleep. I also learned that Kyler is a bit more dramatic than Kacin.

So I guess that I am compelled to blog about my children's puke because I see it as a momentous occasion for Eric and I as parents. A first time is always worth noting . . .
Barb said...

Oh, Laura, thank you for the sympathy! At the moment, those memories have a twinge of fondness to them, it's amazing. Good job on the last episode, and NO sympathy, not any, for you having a dramatic puker, not after the "end of the world" drama that came from you! Love you!

Jacqui said...

ugh... what a story to read... I throw up last night on the way home from work. I had to pull over :-( and then again when I got home. A combination of sinus pressure and being starving at work, I think... I went to bed right away,woke up and then read this... can't I escape it!?

Holly Janeen said...

nasty.
so even though you got to skip over the dirty diapers, you still have to clean up throw-up?! ew!
i just dont know how i will handle that.

and i got your xmas card in the mail! you truly are such a great mom, i agree with Eric's cousin... and you are just so funny in your letter... i love it! thanks for sending me one :)

Cheryl said...

Don't you love the rites of passage the make us full-fledged mothers?? We all have a few good throw up stories in our past! Way to hang in there and make it through. Keep up the good work.

Nate & Emily said...

Wow, good work... I dont think I could have made it!!
Good job on the blogging! I've had to catch up, the last time I checked your blog you hadn't even posted one post yet!
Your boys are super cute! I loved the hide-in-seek story... kids are so funny!