May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day

I was well taken care of for Mother's Day.
It far exceeded my expectations.
And, even better, it was stretched out over the whole week.

We bought a piano off of craigslist.
Which technically wasn't part of mothers day,
but I'm still very happy about it.
Kacin invited me to his Mother's Day Tea.
We sipped our apple cider and
munched on sandwiches and cheesecake that he prepared for us with his class.
He gave me earrings.
He told his teacher when he made them that I don't have pierced ears.
I don't.
So at home we made a slight modification
and the earrings are now a cherished necklace.
Mothers' Day song in both Arabic and English:

Kyler took me to Moms and Muffins at his school.
My boys gave me a cake stand
which we put to good use today.
Cake decorating courtesy of the boys.
And yesterday they made me this happy little breakfast.
To top it all off, it was gorgeous and sunny ALL weekend!
Absolutely perfect for us on Saturday to do a little hiking, get some color on our skin,
and eat dinner outside.
Stefanie Hyer said...

Oh Laura! Happy Mother's Day! You are such a great mommy! I loved the whole blog... the piano, the cake, Kacin's song, Kylers new hairdo, your cute necklace, the yummy happy breakfast!

mommy said...

wow, how fun! i can't wait til my kids get a little older and do cute things for me :) and congrats on the piano!!

Pattie said...

I never realized your ears were not pierced (random). Also, so happy that you found a piano! Happy belated Mother's Day - Kyler and Kacin did a great job at spoiling you!

Cheryl said...

This whole post made me smile. Kudos to the boys (all three of them) for taking such good care of you - you surely deserve the best!!!