October 12, 2009

Come What May, and Love It!

This move to Everett, Washington is really difficult for me. Yes, I know we are supposed to be going, but that means about three more months of transitional living.
 I was soo ready to move in to our own house and get truly settled . . .
And I miss our comfy king-sized bed. . .
And I will miss being so close to family . . .
And what about our poor boys who are in desperate need of some stability.

I set a goal for myself.

No complaining, out loud, about the move.
hmm, is what I wrote above complaining . . . or just explaining . . .

Last year, I made myself this little tile and it is displayed in my kitchen.


It is in reference to a talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin. It really struck me. It was one of those things that I just couldn't get out of my head because it was exactly what I needed. My mother-in-law reminded me of this awesome you tube video:
Come What May and Love It!  

After a lot of pondering on his message and trying my hardest to stick to my goal, I think I am ready to
Go to Washington, and Love It!
Darcee said...

Transitions are hard--especially unwelcome ones. Your transitions getting your boys was challenging too, but look how much good has come. This road will be paved with blessings also. You'll grow so much and be able to influence others in ways you never knew possible. You're braver and stronger than you really know. You have been perfectly prepared for what is ahead--things will work out beautifully for you.

Pattie said...

You will love Washington. I have a friend that moved there from Utah at the start of the year and they absolutely LOVE it! And, hey, perhaps you will run into one of the hunks from Grey's Anatomy (HAHA).

mommy said...

Can I come with you?

Stefanie Hyer said...

I have those same feelings! I too will have to tell myself that what with me moving in a year away from any family and friends, and Tyson leaving several times for long peroids of time! I love you Laura! Keep being positive... make life an adventure! Whatever it may be!