September 22, 2009

A Big Word

I love Kacin's school, Bridges, and Ms. Lynn, his teacher, for a lot of different reasons. Today it is because of the new word Kacin is using at the dinner table.

Kacin says Oviparous is whoever lays eggs. Like a chicken. And Ms. Lynn.

I am amazed that he is pronouncing such a word. And now calling us all oviparous, just because he can.
Cheryl said...

I love big words!

Darcee said...

Totally reminded me of something I had forgotten from my teaching years. I used to wear a name tag lanyard around my neck and I would change the word every day. I used big words that had phonetics I wanted them to learn or words important to comprehension for upcoming reading/math/science studies. Often their ticket to recess would be to read or explain my word of the day. And then those days that I forgot to take it off and I ended up at the grocery store with a word around my neck . . . All good times! Thanks for the reminder Kacin!

Stefanie Hyer said...

Wow. I don't even know what that means! =) Such a smart little boy!