April 4, 2009

The Letter S

This week brought to you by the letter S
and the number
7
Sickness, Sleep, Snuggy


Sickness
Still sick. The boys are as full of energy as ever, but it is Eric and I who have been under the weather. We are so ready to be done with it all--the fever, achyness, cough, sore throat. And I'm really ready for the pink eye to be gone for good (it came back on Wed.). I missed 2 days of school this week and doubt if I should've gone the other days, but it's too much of a hassle to find a substitute.

Sleep
Due to the sickness, sleep was a must--apparently a lot of it. For example, on Tuesday I woke up later than usual, helped with breakfast, went back to sleep, woke up for a half hour to put sub plans together, went back to sleep, woke for a half hour to take the boys to school, went back to sleep, woke to pick the boys up from school. I was absolutely useless! I took lots of naps this week because I was exhausted from doing things like walking from my room down to the basement. Ugh.


Snuggie
So have you ever seen this infomercial advertising the Snuggie?? Well, Kyler has.

Kyler: (in bed reading) "Can I have a snuggie?"
Me: "What??" (Thinking "I know your uncle Tyson gave you a wedgie, but why would ask for this?")
Kyler: "A Snuggie. Blankets are ok, but they can slip. With a snuggy you have the freedom of using yor hands." (no joke, if you watch the commercial he got it almost word for word. Scary.)
I didn't let him get one, so he made his own.


And the number . . . 7
Seven more days until our most exciting trip! We drive down to AZ next Saturday so we can spend Easter with my family. Yeah for Easter Egg hunts! And then on Tuesday. . . OUR SEALING! And then on Wednesday . . . California! And then Thursday . . . our 1st day at Disneyland!! Don't be too jealous, but it'll be the funnest trip!




(Thanks for the cute post idea, Megan)
Barb said...

Laura, you must be feeling better if you can write again! I must be feeling better if I can read your blog! I laughed out loud, you are such a cute writer, and then Kyler, yes, I know the commercial, and it was so funny that he repeated it. It IS a sensible thing, and he is a smart, sensible boy! Yeah for next week!

Natalie said...

Kyler will be happy to know that his Aunt Natalie is a proud owner of a snuggie..... that is right, I OWN one of those things. He is right, your hands have more freedom. I will for sure let him borrow it while he is here... Heck, he can have it! It was a gift for me, and I just used it once to entertain the person that gave it to me!

AnneMarie said...

I have an infomercial nut son--he can repeat nearly any of them word for word. And he thinks that I should buy them all!

Yay to Kyler for making his own Snuggy!

We'll look for you at Disneyland next week...

Alisha said...

Sorry to hear that you have been so sick! It IS more trouble to find a sub than just come if you can handle being a little sick while you're here:) That is hilarious about the snuggie. My husband and I always make fun of that commercial when it comes on. At least you have a creative little boy who solves problems when they come about:) If I don't see you this week, have a great time in AZ and CA!

Lauren said...

So excited about your sealing! And I am jealous about Disneyland :)

Whitings said...

Kyler is awesome! I can't believe he asked you that, and quoted the commercial so well! AWESOME! I am so excited that your family's sealing is in only 7 days; I wish we could be there. That is very exciting and will be a very special day for you guys!

Jacqui said...

I for one can't believe Natalie actually has one of the Snuggies and two that Kyler WANTS one! That is hilarious! I have seen that commercial and thought it was one of the dumbest commercials I'd ever seen! I thought it was a "fake" commercial for something other than the snuggie... but nevertheless, it was real... But I am SO excited for Disneyland!