April 26, 2009

Chicken Sunday

C- Coop is completely finished, but Eric has plans for improvements.
H- Huge! Look how much they have grown!
I- I do not touch them, but will admire them from afar.
C- Can it be a rooster?? We still don't know, but Eric thinks one of the yellow chickens may be because it is much bigger than the other. If it is, we will have to be down to 3 chickens . . .
K- Kacin and Kyler love to feed them lettuce and watch them and bother them when they play outside.
E- Eric, their devoted caretaker who stayed up really late the night before our vacation making sure their coop and everything was finished.
N- Nine weeks old (only 15 more weeks until egg-laying time!).
S- Successfully walked up and down the ramp today! When it got dark they went into their quaint shelter all by themselves!


AnneMarie said...

Awesome chicken coop--kudos to Eric!

Suzanne said...

Holy smokes!!! We are green with envy (the good kind). I would love chickens...or at least the fresh eggs. I saw the baby chicks at IFA and Thanksgiving Point and just sighed. You'll have to tell me how noisy/smelly they get and maybe next year...

The coop is very impressive.

Cheryl said...

I just can't wait for egg-laying to start. It's all so egg-citing! And I love the improvement to the ramp. Well done, Eric!

Jenna Allen said...

That's one fancy chicken coop!