February 7, 2009

We Dream of a World . . .

. . . in which Eric is Vice-President.
At least, Cheryl dreams of it! My dear friend, Cheryl, called me this morning and had to share with me a dream she had last night. Since it wasn't my dream, I can't recall all of the details (so forgive me, Cheryl) , but the gist of it was that Eric became VP working with Pres. Obama. Everyone was excited because he was young and new. However, Pres. Obama didn't want to live in the White House (he wanted to live in some fancy mansion somewhere else). So Cheryl and the elders quorum were helping to move our little family in to live in the White House! At the inauguration, I was wearing a white, gauze dress and had braids in my hair. I believe somewhere between this point and seeing pictures of Elinor Roosevelt she woke up. Her dream made us all laugh a lot--but maybe it was just a vision of what is to come . . .
Vote Eric Allred--Vice President!


The image “http://sc94.ameslab.gov/TOUR/whitehouse.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Barb said...

Eric would make an awesome V.P., we can only dream of something good like that happening.

Cheryl said...

I will add the detail that all the members of the press were talking about how refreshing it was to see the VP's wife with a fresh hairdo, not some stuffy hairsprayed thing. They were showing pictures of Nancy Reagan to show off Laura's sense of style. It was a great dream, and no one ever questioned Eric's ability to be the president, should the need arise! Way to go, Eric!!!

Stefanie Hyer said...

I would definitly vote for Eric!! Laura, you should think about writing stories! I love to read your blogs. I wish I could write like that!

Holly Janeen said...

got my vote. (if anything, so i can see you with braids, laura.)

Nate & Emily said...

Thats funny! Way to go Eric! You'll be getting our votes but just know we'll be expecting an invite to come for dinner and playing games when you live in the White House! :)