December 18, 2015

The Joy of Living a Christ-Centered Life: GC 7


Isaiah 64:8 
"But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

After sharing this illuminating scripture, Elder Maynes explained "If our lives are centered in Jesus Christ, He can successfully mold us into who we need to be in order to return to His and Heavenly Father's presence in the celestial kingdom. The joy we experience in this life will be in direct proportion to how well our lives are centered on the teachings, example, and atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ."

When we focus on Christ, he molds us into who we can be and we gain experience and receive inspiration, guidance, and greater understanding. By following His example and His teachings and applying the redeeming power of the atonement, we become a little better. My life has had some interesting twists and turns, but because of my Savior I understand them and I am growing because of them.

I noticed he said the joy we experience will be in direct proportion--not the ease we experience in life, not the success, not the riches, not the fulfillment of everything we want, but the joy. Amidst all of my challenges and trials, I am happy because of Jesus Christ. I have peace, understanding, answers, and joy because of His gospel and His atoning sacrifice.

When I put Christ at the center of my life, especially at this Christmas season, I can feel great joy.