December 18, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

It is not Christmas yet so I think I'm still in the grace period to talk about Thanksgiving.

We have so much to be thankful for around here. Like, this little girl by my side.


Because top on our gratitude list is family--our own little family and the extended family that bless our lives.




It was wonderful spending Thanksgiving with my sister--it had been many, many years since we spent Thanksgiving together. And this was her last Thanksgiving here in the states for awhile (they are off to Japan soon).



There was a lot of game playing. Bryce led us in a Ninja game he made up. And then we played "Are you thankful for your neighbor?" for awhile.




The turkey was a bit on the slower side to cook. Partly because Eric went and played football with the boys and left me in charge of monitoring the smoker. Bad idea. We thought the temperature got too high so I made Stefy go turn it down. But then the temperature went waaay too far down. Moral of the story: don't leave me in charge of smoking the bird.

Ultimately, we couldn't wait any longer to eat and so we had our first round of pie before the feast. I love how Preston had to use his fork and his hand to get all that pie in his mouth. :)


 Finally, the beautiful bird came out of the smoker.



And the feast began.



Happy Thanksgiving 2015!