January 1, 2010

Thus Far

24 hours, even spread out over 3 days, is too long to be driving in a car. I am soo glad my parents helped us with the move to help with the driving and entertain us all.I am now over my head in boxes.
We have too much stuff. I blame teaching school. I gathered and collected too many cool learning tools. And I blame our food storage. We did not want to leave it all behind and start over.We were quite the parade driving along--2 moving trucks, 1 car trailor, and 1 toyota highlander.

Washington is sure wet, but not as cold as Utah. And no snow! We had a nice neighbor bring us fruit and offer coffee. We appreciate the friendliness.We're excited to meet the rest of the neighbors and hope there are some little boys around!

My dad woke up at 6 this morning and organized the boxes in our garage. He has been nonstop helpful in sorting and unpacking boxes. My dad is the most caring, giving man.

My mom has been so supportive of me during all the stresses of moving and decision making. She endured a tour of my kitchen shelves and cabinets after we miracously got everything put away.
She has been a lifesaver with my boys.

Everybody needs good parents like these guys.

The house we are renting should work out great. Besides the all white walls and the handle coming off into my hand when I opened the microwave door, I can't complain much. It has the biggest master bedroom and kitchen we have ever had. That is a lovely thing.

For the next little bit, my life will consist of unpacking boxes and going through all my teaching stuff.

Pictures thus far,

Visiting Luke and Megan in Oregon . . .

The sights of Seattle . . .


On a chilly day . . .






The stench of fish does not agree with Kacin's nose . . .




mommy said...

Glad you got there safely!

Stefanie Hyer said...

Yay I am glad that you guys are all there safely! Okay, time to come home now! I miss you all so much! We will definitly have to blog more, with pictures, so we feel included in eachothers lifes. AND calling on the phone occasionally to hear the voices of eachother so we dont forget! =). I love you guys! Have fun organizing and decorating! That is actually the fun part, because you can pretty much start from scratch, know where everything is, and organize it how you want or get rid of stuff. Love you!

AnneMarie said...

Good luck with the unpacking and getting settled in to your new area! What city are you guys living in?

nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hcatt and Jdogg said...

I'm glad you made it there safely! That is so nice that your parents were able to go with and help out!

Darcee said...

Been thinking about you guys. . .hoping and praying you had a smooth move. Good luck with the transitions ahead.

Can you email me your new address pretty please?

Pattie said...

Two moves in half-a-year. You deserve a prize! We sure miss you in Utah, but I agree with the "no snow" we are sick of it!