September 16, 2021

another year

In my mind I still feel like I’m 17, but the gray hairs that keep growing in and the wrinkles on my forehead tell me otherwise. I’m much closer to 40 than I am to 17.


Aging is beautiful. I have earned each and every one of those gray hairs and wrinkles. I’m proud of my 37 years and grateful for each experience that has brought me here.


(We didn’t have a number 7 candle so it’s 36 plus one.)

We had a family birthday breakfast at Kneader’s. 
Kacin made sure to sing loud to embarrass me as much as possible. 


I can’t think of a better way to celebrate 37 years than like this—sweet kids and a table of food.




The girls suggested we make our creepy faces, too.




We took a birthday drive to my mountain and I made them all dance while we listened to one of my current favorite songs. And then we got back in the car and drove home. I was missing Kyler something fierce that day!


We ended the day with cupcakes from my nieces/nephews. 




Life has taught me to be grateful for every year, every day. Really, 37 years has taught me so much. It has been good and hard and amazing to experience. And I’m happier now than I have been in a very, very long time.