October 12, 2020

resuming


Oh, wow. It is a very rare thing for me to skip a week without posting something on here. I've kept this blog record of our family for 12 years now and I can honestly count on one hand the number of times I haven't met my personal goal I set all those years ago to post at least once a week. 

I wish I could say that I had a good reason for it, but I don't really. Like I mentioned in my last post, I just crave stillness these days. Probably it's aftershocks of my recent cancer scare or something. (And that itself is something that would probably serve me well to finish recording about.)

All of my kids will be in school tomorrow and I am a bit excited for them and for me. Routine, social interaction, and in person learning will be SO good for all of them. And that Stillness I need right now has been hard to find in a full house so it will be good for me, too.

The general conference talk I studied this week with my friend (we pick a talk and email our thoughts to each other) was "the blessing of continuing revelation to prophets and personal revelation to guide our lives." Elder Cook reminded me that "continuous revelation is indeed the very lifeblood of the gospel of the living Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." Life is difficult enough, but I can't imagine how much harder it would be if I didn't know I can receive revelation in my personal life. I can have truth testified and confirmed to me. I can get thoughts and ideas to help and guide me. I can get answers I am seeking. I can be prepared for decisions and experiences. Personal revelation has give me clarity, confidence, support, help, and ideas so many times in my life. I hope you know you can receive it, too.

I now hope to resume my regular blog posting schedule of no schedule except for aiming for once a week.