March 30, 2016

in our car

The temperature rose into the low 60s yesterday. The sun was shining. Oh, what a beautiful day!

As I drove home from a meeting with perry's aba team, I rolled the windows in my car half way down for the first time in ages, it seems. I can't even say how nice that was.

Music. Fresh air. Speed.

I spend a lot of time in my messy car. And I'm always baffled how much stuff accumulates there. Socks, coats, shoes, toys, coloring pages from church lessons, missing lunch boxes, goggles, basketballs. Even when we remind everyone to grab their own stuff on the way into the house, someone leaves something behind.

I like to think the mess means we are more than just messy people. I hope it defines as church-going, sports playing, park exploring, clothes wearing, food eating, active and involved people.

And it's easy to look past the mess when you have these cuties riding around with you.