January 29, 2016

These Days

Layla's preschool class went on a field trip to Central Market. It was probably the best field trip I've ever been on. That had a little to do with the fact that we ended up with 4 quiet kids and three moms (two of the kids couldn't make it last minute). But, also, we had an awesome tour guide and we walked away after an interesting and fun tour of the entire store with chocolate bars, oranges, cookies, fresh peanut butter, cheese samples, and snapdragons.









One afternoon, Layla had the play-do out. I ordered a cake from her. She made me the most beautiful play-do cake there could be, with blueberries on top. She told me it would be $20. I reached my arm out to give her my imaginary money. She told me, "Mom, I don't need pretend ones. Give me real ones."

Whenever I tell Perry something and he doesn't agree with me, he adds "Dad says" in his protest. For example, just yesterday we went out to the car and his booster seat was in a different place because I gave one of Layla's friends a ride. I asked him if he could sit in it in the spot it was at, but he wanted the car seat back where he usually sits. So he told me "Dad says, put it in the back." And then this morning when it was time to get ready for school, he told me "dad says" he needed to build a batman lego car instead. Because what dad says goes.

Kacin and Kyler have been building cool Lego machines. These are candy dispensers they made. They actually work when you stick a penny in. Sure beats the Lego walls I made as a kid.


While Kyler and Kacin were at piano lessons, Perry and Layla and I walked through some of the old neighborhood trails. It made me a little nostalgic for the days back when we first moved to Washington and Kyler, Kacin, and I would spend hours each week walking these very same trails and riding bikes through the neighborhood.We would even take family walks around that spot on Sundays. Kyler and Kacin were just a little older than Perry and Layla are now. As Layla and Perry found perfect sticks and pretended to fight bad guys in the woods, I could picture Kyler and Kacin running around doing the same thing 5 years ago. So many wonderful memories were unlocked by this place that I haven't been to in years.





Once we move away, there is so much about this area that I am going to miss. There is so much beauty here, not only in the scenery, but in the people too. We have been so blessed to live and grow here for awhile.