January 25, 2016

These Days

I started watching some silly tv show on netflix while I was folding laundry. In spanish with english subtitles. What I thought would be an early 1900s time period quick series ended up being a never ending three long season soap opera I was inadvertently sucked into. I was in a funk with a serious lack of motivation for a few days until I realized what soul numbing junk I was watching each afternoon. Once I realized it and broke off (without knowing what would happen to Julio and Alicia!) I started feeling much better. 

Perry and Layla are taking swim lessons again. We made sure we got the really good swim teacher this time. Layla and Perry are such opposites. Perry loves the water and is pretty much without fear in it. He has no problem dunking and throwing his whole body under the water. While little delicate Layla will barely stick her nose in.


This girl is constantly asking me to take pictures and video her (again, such a contrast from her brothers). The following pictures will demonstrate some of the times she felt needed to be recorded. I adore her.







Perry loves to help me in the kitchen with dinners.



Layla used up all of the tape hanging her art work and creations around the house on just about every wall and window.




Layla is dominating this post a bit.. She started a ballet class instead of gymnastics. She is enjoying it.









Perry started ABA therapy at a new place last week. We are going once a week. The new therapist seems confident. We will see how this goes again. Perry was having fun with the camera while we waited for the session to start.



Our children's museum membership expires at the end of the month so we are taking full advantage of the fun while it lasts.



Eric started coaching Kyler's basketball team. I think he is a cute head coach. And number 5 on his team is pretty awesome, too.






Kacin is on safety patrol at school in the mornings so he helps at the crosswalk. Man, I haven't gotten down to the school to take a picture yet (I think he is ok with that).

Twenty-eight more days until Disneyland!