June 18, 2013

The Last Day

It's really here!
The last day of school was yesterday and boy do I have some happy kids around here now.


 They both do well in school and, generally, love going, but the end of a school year and the start of the summer makes everyone excited. And hyper. Very, very hyper.



Say what? I am now the mom of a Third and Fourth grader.  They are getting so old which means I am getting so old. Except I don't think I'm that old, but having a FOURTH grader makes me sound old. Fourth grade is not early childhood anymore. No sirree.


I am a little lame. I didn't do a thing to celebrate the last day of school. Besides giving the boys popsicles and letting them play with friends. Well, unless you count that I roped everyone into the project of reorganizing kids closets. But the boys, and Eric, weren't too thrilled with our little project so I doubt they would call that a celebration or consider me cool for it. Except they all ended up staying up later than normal because of it. I think that counts for something. No matter they were folding clothes during that extra time. Eric knows all too well that when I get an idea in my head I just want to do it. Get it done. There's no point in waiting. So the upstairs of our house turned into a disaster, but those closets are mighty spectacular now.

Our summer goals/work is well under way! Don't you worry, I'll update tomorrow and tell you all about it.