June 21, 2011

Best Friend, after Kyler




I know these two were inseparable at school and if Kacin had his way they would've played together every afternoon, too. He just loves his friend. And as his parents, we are so glad he made friends with such a good kid. The other day, Eric was asking Kacin a bunch of questions about all his friends and Kacin quickly named Owen as his "best friend after Kyler". He explained that Owen is so creative and that's why he likes playing with him. It's true. Kacin's imagination has developed so much since playing with Owen. And that is such a good thing! The last time Owen was over, I had to sneak some pictures. They were playing school and had arranged all of the stuffed animals around the room naming each one after a classmate. They were the teachers giving out work assignments and moving students who were talking to each other (I think Kacin has had some personal experience with that one). The pictures above show the point when their story transformed and they became teacher aliens visiting from Saturn or some such thing. Kacin always has so much fun playing with O. I'm so sad to think that today is their last day of school together. I'm sure there will be lots and lots of playdates, but I know Kacin will miss seeing him at school each day.
Stefanie Hyer said...

That is so cute! And awesome! Do you remember us playing with our stuffed animals?? I am glad to see they are getting some good use out of those costumes! They look great!

Barb said...

So amazingly adorable!! Probably shouldn't tell Kacin I said he was adorable. . .