November 1, 2021

my young artists

Every year, 
or maybe every 18 months 
or possibly two years, 
I ask the children 
to channel 
their
inner artist.

blank canvas, 
pile of brushes,
paper plate,
colors and colors of paint,
and
then
set free. 


the things that flow onto the canvas
are individual
unique
just perfect to me

therapy
creativity
and possibly for one
a little torture

the process
takes precedent
the canvas
takes my children
and preserves their childhood
on my wall










your first painting
ushers interest,
delight.
first steps in a life
of creativity
joy
wonder
passion
imagination
peace
love,
I hope
hope hope
for you.









chubby little hands
reach 
to help
to rest
with trust.
those sweet little 
hands
and feet.








the finished
masterpieces
of 2021


"Every child is an artist. 
The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
-Pablo Picasso