June 30, 2021

early morning thoughts


My eyes popped open at 4:50am this morning when I remembered we have an important court hearing today. And I completely forgot to take that in to account when I was carefully planning out all the things today. How glad I am that I remembered at all. Our brains even, or maybe especially, when we are sleeping our amazing.

I knew there was no chance that I would fall back asleep. My brain just wouldn’t shut off once it started going. I have too much on my mind. So I decided to get up and head to my mountain.

It has been weeks since I hiked my mountain! It was so nice to be back on the Santans. Never mind that it was 84° when I set out. There was a breeze and I can’t ask for anything more on an Arizona summer morning.

I was thinking about time, priorities, and decisions. I find so much more clarity in the early morning when I’m moving. It feels good to being a step closer to making a big decision.

I also got to talk to kyler on the phone for a few minutes. He set off at midnight last night on an amazing adventure to the Dominican Republic with HEFY. I’m so excited for him. And so worried too. (I’m his mom so I can’t help that.)

I’ve been thinking about the power of faith this week, too, and come across this from Richard G. Scott:

 When faith is properly understood and used, it has dramatically far-reaching effects. Such faith can transform an individual’s life from maudlin, common everyday activities to a symphony of joy and happiness. The exercise of faith is vital to Father in Heaven’s plan of happiness. But true faith, faith unto salvation, is centered on the Lord Jesus Christ, faith in His doctrines and teachings, faith in the prophetic guidance of the Lord’s anointed, faith in the capacity to discover hidden characteristics and traits that can transform life. Truly, faith in the Savior is a principle of action and power.”