April 9, 2021

release


There is a time and season for everything. It is hard for me to accept that there is very little time these days so this must not be my season to write as much as I would like to. 

Writing has always been the way that I process. And a means that helps me focus on the positive and the good in my life. And reflect on the things that I am learning. I have so many stories I want to write and develop. I have so many ideas about how I want to use this space. One of my great strengths and weaknesses is all the things I want to do in life. But, darn it, I just can’t do it all. 

I do not want to abandon this space because the most beloved books in our house are the blog books. My kids love them. But I am going to release myself of the goal I set 13 years ago and kept up until this year— to post at least once a week. I am still going to post when I can but remove the commitment I made to myself all those years ago and thus remove my own personal guilt when I do not meet my own expectation. I know this will not effect anyone except for me. But it’s worth it for me to write it. 

I have other priorities right now. Like 6 kids at home. Time in nature. Real connections with lots of good people. I’m not as introverted as I once was and I need more connection out of life. Too many medical appointments. And did I mention SIX kids at home. Wow that takes a lot of time and energy to be the mom I want to be. And I find that my brain power has diminished from lack of sleep and medications anyways.

I miss getting on here and just writing whatever comes to my head like this. That’s why I know I’m not done with it yet. 

I hope it’s not too long before I get back on here to post something. (Note to self: But, if it is, then Laura that’s ok!!)