January 11, 2021

E’s birthday

Happy birthday to the greatest man I know!

Eric is at the end of his thirties now and I think his wisdom and strength surpasses his age. He is my rock and my refuge, that's for sure. So grateful for every year he has spent on this earth and that he spends with our family.

His birthday comes at such a crazy time--right after Christmas and Kacin's birthday. Unfortunately, this year by the time we reached his birthday it was day 5 of celebrations and I was tired. We tried so hard to let him know how much we love him, though.

Eric and I went on a beautiful, long bike ride together.


He took most of the kids with him and went around to all the restaurants that give birthday rewards and they came home with a big spread. We divided everything up to get an awesome sampling for lunch.

His birthday "cake" request is always the same every year--pumpkin pie. I think we need to buy some new candles soon. The best we could do was 3 for 30 and 3+6 for 9. Ha!


It feels lame that these were the only pictures I took that evening (again, tired...).




But the lack of pictures is not reflective of the love we all have for this hardworking, loving, playful, involved, thoughtful, fun, smart, loyal, faithful man! 


We love you, E! Happy birthday!