October 24, 2019

beautiful california weekend

Kyler had a cross country meet in california last month. I seized the excuse for another trip to cali to bask in the sun at the beach. This time I got to bring these two beautiful people.



This is a little bit more realistic. Ha!



I was so glad to have the chance to spend some quality time with these two together. So often I get to spend time with the younger kids together or the older kids together or our whole crazy crew, but to have time with just Kacin and Layla is pretty rare and I will forever cherish that weekend. But I also hope that it was the beginning of many more happy adventures together!



We drove on a friday and headed straight to the beach and grabbed dinner and watched some street shows.

Our theme song for this trip was "Beautiful People" by Ed Sheeran. So we took a lot of "beautiful" photos and videos just like this one:



Truly. Most of our pictures are with our trying to look weird faces. Silly and awkward faces come more natural for us anyways. ;)







The sunset!



And this moment alone is why I wanted to go on this trip (no matter how blurry this picture is!). I wanted these two to have happy moments to bond with each other, and I loved watching it happen.



The next day we headed to the beach with Jenny. We brought leftover pizza and she brought dried broccoli florets. We all contribute in different ways.



We had a blast in the sand and water.



















After our day at the beach, we drove to Norco for Kyler's cross country meet. so many runners there! Such a cool experience.


















We spent the next morning back at Huntington Beach before we drove home. I made my kids walk much further than they wanted to walk with me. But they survived because they can do hard things. And then we had plenty of time back in the sand and the water before picking Kyler up and heading back home.





A beautiful weekend with my beautiful people.