November 24, 2014

a note in the mail

I got a note in the mail.


There's something about getting a letter in the mail that makes me quite happy.

This is the third sweet note I've received from this thoughtful man. He gave me one once after I gave a talk in sacrament meeting when he was visiting our ward and another when he heard of a new calling I had received. Isn't that the nicest thing?

I know he sends out many of these notes. He keeps a stack of those pre-printed "I like__ because __" notes ready to go. He spreads a lot of love and brightens up a lot of days with a quick handwritten note.

As the note says, I received a new calling as the Assistant Stake Camp Director. After the initial surprise of such a busy calling, I am really excited about this new experience to serve. I love girls camp!!