March 3, 2014

Swirly Tree

famous artists:
Monet, Bob Ross, Picaso, Van Gogh, Laura Allred



ok, maybe I don't rank up there with the likes of those guys, but it sure was fun pretending!

We donned our paint smocks on a Friday evening.

I sat down with a blank canvas before me, sprite to sip, and a few munchies.

I gathered my paints and step by step an instructor showed us what we could do.



I had so much fun even if I have lots of imperfections and it didn't turn out quite exactly how I wanted.


I loved sitting alongside so many other painters each creating the same {completely different} piece.


Hard to tell from a picture, but we got to glitter it up, too.

 I am so not an artist, but I had such a great time. I definitely want to try this again sometime.


Proudly hung in Perry and Layla's room.
While the official painting title is "Swirly Tree",
Layla called it "a tree with bubbles."

The Kovar Family said...

I think Tree with Bubbles is a great name for a painting. I'm so glad you came. I think we're going to do it again in April… ;)

The Kovar Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.