December 3, 2013

Steps Closer


I feel like I need to shout it to the world
we are one step closer
one big step closer
to being an officially legal family of six.
They signed the papers!
What is heart wrenching for two people,
has filled our hearts.
I hope they know that we love D and L with all our hearts. We think of them as our own. We want them to be happy and healthy and live full, beautiful lives. We are far from perfect, but we will do our best to care for, teach, and love D and L.
I hope they know that they will be remembered and will always hold a special place in our hearts as the ones who brought D and L into this world.
I hope they know as hard as it was, they put their kids first and that was a right decision. I hope they can move forward and live happy lives.
We still have a little while before our adoption will be finalized, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel and we are almost there.

AnneMarie said...

Happy Dance! So glad to hear you're getting closer :)

Andrea said...

I'm literally jumping up and down with excitement for you! How wonderful!!!!

The Kovar Family said...

So happy for steps forward and for your family. Such a relief to have that most difficult and emotional of hurdles cleared. Praying that the tiny remainder of the process can pass quickly, and that your family of six will be in a courtroom soon. :)