December 26, 2013

Christmas Peace

On Christmas Eve, I found myself in front of our tree admiring the Christmas lights and so grateful for a feeling of peace this Christmas season. We slowed down this year and I enjoyed the Christmas season in a different way--without the hustle and bustle and without a lot of worry about getting the "perfect" presents for everyone. Oh, we were still blessed with too much under our tree--lots that will keep us entertained and learning, and that will be useful too.

Our adoption will take place in just a few days and that brings the biggest peace--to think, our children will be ours legally and then we can prepare to head to the temple to be sealed as an eternal family. What peace being a forever family brings!

I am so blessed to have peace in my marriage--we don't always see eye to eye, but we work things out. Eric has given me a lot of strength and comfort.

My greatest peace comes from my Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for his birth, his life, the atonement, and his resurrection. I understand His plan of happiness. I find so much peace all year long because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Cheryl said...

There are so many reasons that I love you and your family - not the least of which is your amazing insight for one so young. You inspire me every time I read your words. I could not be more thrilled for you and the impending adoption. Our family wishes your family nothing but great joy and happiness and years and years of amazing times together.
We love you and wish you a happy holiday season!

AnneMarie said...

Thanks for sharing your insights. If Blogger was similar to facebook, I would "like" your post over and over again :) Happy days to you!