October 11, 2013

Water Fall



Waterfalls are fascinating.
Such power and beauty.

We stood there at Snoqualmie Falls
like so many others around us
captivated for a few moments
by the
rushing
grace
majesty
of falling water.

Kyler and Kacin even worked together to compose this here poem
about our stop:
Waterfalls
Loud, Beautiful
Falling, Rushing, Splashing
Snoqualmie Falls



I've been thinking about that waterfall,
how very simple the concept of falling water is,
yet how glorious it is to see!

Many days I feel like my life is the one
falling, rushing, and loud,
much like the waterfall.
Except
where's the grace and majesty?

Maybe
if I stepped back
and put myself on the ground
across from the falls
I could see that all this rushing, falling, loudness
of life
the hard times, challenges, and troubles
are really working out to create something beautiful.
Power and strength come from a fall.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God."
~Romans 8:28