May 5, 2013

Sealing Day and a Scare


We recently celebrated four years since becoming a forever family.
Four years since our sealing in the Mesa AZ temple.
Happy!

We had some grand plans to celebrate.
On a whim the night before
Kacin and I bought a cake from the grocery store.
We never go and buy our cakes,
but thank goodness we did
because those grand plans were quickly changed 
due to the events of Sunday morning.
So having that cake already made 
was a lifesaver 
and ended up being the only piece of our celebration.

You see,
we went to church in the morning.
And Eric passed out there.

He's going to love that I'm sharing this story.
(Sorry, E!)
But this blog becomes our family book of history
and I need to record 
why all we have from our Fourth adoption/sealing anniversary
is this terrible picture of everyone.  



Seriously, I shouldn't even post it here.
It makes me wish I knew how to edit pictures.

Here's what happened on Sunday.
I was subbing with Eric in nursery.
Around 11 am, he started feeling dizzy.
By 11:30, he was nauseous 
and so he left for the bathroom.
He got stopped in the hall by someone
and started talking.
And that's when he fell to the floor.
The lady he was talking to ran to get me.
Some others in the hall
saw what happened and thought he was having a seizure.
When I got there, 
he was passed out and shaking and started to throw up.
We got him on his side and that's when he came to.
He tried to tell everyone he was fine.
But we needed to be sure.
Thank goodness for kind people
who helped with kids
gave a priesthood blessing
put dinner in the oven
and hung out with me at our house until we knew what to do.
I took him to the walk in clinic
and we concluded
it was just a crazy stomach flu.
It just came on so suddenly
and gave everyone a little scare.
By Tuesday, he was one hundred percent better
except for a little headache from hitting the floor.
It was the weirdest thing,
but how grateful we are that it was nothing serious.

Though the possibility that it was something serious
really does put things in perspective
and makes you want to love those around you a little more
and be a little better.
I love my Eric and my boys and my two littles with us now
and I am so glad to be part of this eternal family.
AnneMarie said...

So glad it wasn't serious! I completely understand about how quickly things can change. And I'm SO grateful for my eternal family. I couldn't have made it through the past three years without the knowledge of our Father's plan.

Happy Sealing Day to your family!

Wade and Nancy said...

Eric has mysteriously passed out a couple of times in his high school years. He probably needs a good physical of some sort to see if there are any underlying problems.

Wade and Nancy said...

Eric has mysteriously passed out a couple of times in his high school years. He probably needs a good physical of some sort to see if there are any underlying problems.