April 19, 2013

Anxiously Awaiting Summer

I looked at the calendar today
and realized
The end of the school year is fast approaching!
I love this time of year.
I am anxious for the summer
yet still enjoying the schedule the school year brings.

Ok, but
really right now I am just excited for the summer.
I get my kids back!
They will be mine all day, every day
for two and a half whole months.
We will play and we will work
and we will drive each other crazy.
I can't wait.
I am making plans,
one of my favorite things to do, you know.
Summer schedules are just too fun to create.
Each year, as my kids change and grow,
our home school plans and summer goals shift.
The boys are already talking about a topic
they each want to study and research this summer.
I am putting together a book list
of good, quality books to read.
And I think I might just hunt down
some good classic movies, too.
They will love me for that.
There are "field trips" to decide on,
and, though they might boo me for this one,
math fact and handwriting practice to be gathered.
Less than two months until the summer!
And then there will be time for much more of this.
Without the jackets and coats though.




Emily Widdison said...

Okay so I'm dying to get my hands on your summer book list! Please share when you finish! I'm so sad by the lack of writing my boys have done so far in school so I'm going to try and do more writing projects this summer. I'm going to steal your idea and have them research a topic too! Thanks!