November 11, 2011

Our Eighth


Sandwiched between buying a house and E's big trip to China,
was the day that officially marked 8 years of marriage.
With fake smiles, well that's not really even a smile from Eric,
we snapped a picture to mark the day.
Not that we weren't happy to be celebrating the big 8,
we were just exhausted
from a long day of painting and working at the new house,
as well as staying on top of everything else in our full lives.
No other gifts or celebration this year.
We did manage to get take-out Thai food for lunch,
But hey, 
it actually was a great way
to celebrate our marriage because
really there's no one else
I'd rather have next to me covered in paint splatters,
with sore hands and arms,
and holding me when I cry after realizing
I just painted two walls of a room the wrong yellow.

Happy anniversary, E! 
chelsea :: stock said...

happy anniversary!!

you crazy kids might just make it after all.

Darcee said...

Happy Anniversary!

Something random:
In my morning gratitude reflections this week,I have been impressed to be thankful that you have those two cute boys. I'm still so happy for you that that all worked out. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Congrats on the house! How exciting (even if rooms are painted the wrong color)!

Suzanne said...

I'm so excited that you guys bought a house.

The wrong yellow on the walls -- been there, done that. I'm so sorry. That too will pass but it is surely traumatic when you are busy and tired and have worked so hard.

Stefanie Hyer said...

Happy 8 years! That is something to be proud of! Love you guys!