January 3, 2023

New Year’s resolutions


New Year’s resolutions are thrilling to me! I love fresh starts, new goals, making plans, establishing habits, and an opportunity to grow and become something new.

My 2023 personal resolution is to consistently do my daily 5:

1. Study scripture
2. Sincere, thoughtful prayer
3. 5-10 min of meditation 
4. Yoga practice
5. Work on this blog

I got into a great habit with the first four by the end of 2022 and I would love to continue that. And I really want to get back to writing consistently on here. It’s so good for me to focus on the good in my life and process experiences when I take time to write. I may not post every day, but the goal is to work on something—if even for a few minutes. And also to embrace short, more frequent posts.

It’s not my resolution this year, but if I were to expand into my daily 10, I would also include:

6. Reading
7. Clean something
8. Prepare food
9. Connect with family/friends
10. Serve 

Bonus would be:

11. Dance 
12. Get out in nature
13. Rest

But daily 13 doesn’t sound as good as daily 5, or even daily 10. 

So I am resolutely committing to my daily 5, and working on including the rest of my daily 13. :) I am also resolutely trying to be less critical of myself and others. Not a tangible goal, but one to keep in mind and hope I feel a difference. 

And I also plan to do 5 new things:
1. Take tap dancing classes
2. Speak on stage
3. Hike someplace new
4. And 5. See what the year brings!


Our family all set goals, too.

As a family:
Eat out less, cook more

Brinna:

Play soccer
Help mom cook
Learn to read
Read scriptures 

Layla:

Have “sib time” each week with one sibling
Read scriptures 5 min a day
Learn to cook
Get to level 2 in aerial

Perry:

Earn money
Listen to come follow me scriptures each day

Kacin:

Morning prayers
Go to gym 4x a week
Start his business
Have mom time each week
Go to the temple each week

Eric:

Scriptures every day along with come follow me
Weight lifting goals
Learn to code
Monthly lunches 


Here’s to a beautiful new year of growth and peace!!!