February 12, 2021

family movie nights

It’s a sad reality for me, but our teenage boys aren’t home as much anymore. I guess you could say they are spreading their wings and spending more time at work, with friends, or at school and sports practice. I cherish all the time I get with my boys. 

Even though we are not all together as much, we still have plenty of fun family time with the other kids. Perry has been loving staying up late for Friday night movies together. He gets so excited to pick out a movie to watch with all of us. We might start with some fights over spots, the movie, and who gets to watch, but we pass out treats and snuggle in and we love it.

Our last movie was Mary Poppins Returns. We had to get up to do a little dancing during this movie.






So much wisdom from Mary Poppins. I shared some of my favorite quotes on Instagram, but I’ll share them here too. I love me a good quote.

“When the world turns upside down, the best thing to do is turn right along with it.” 


“You’re too focused on where you’ve been to pay attention to where you’re going.“ 


“Today or never. 

That’s my motto.”


“A cover is not the book. So open it up and take a look.”


We sure look forward to Perry’s family movie nights each week!