July 25, 2019

Layla's baptism photos







Layla and her twin cousin got a whole photoshoot together before their baptisms. I'm glad my sister was able to capture these two as they anticipated an important step in their lives--baptism. However, I looked at them in their white dresses and thought it's not going to be too long before we are doing this same thing in their wedding dresses (what?! no, no, no...).




Layla worked hard to prepare for baptism. She read so much of the book of mormon. We had a lot of discussions about what it means to get baptized and receive the gift of holy ghost. I always worry if my kids are ready to get baptized--I've never wanted them to take that step without understanding what they are doing. Layla had a sound understanding of why she wanted to get baptized. I know she wants to follow Jesus Christ and to live a good life and return to Him someday. When we talked to her about praying and asking Heavenly Father if she should get baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints she told us she has already been praying about it and she knew that's what she should do.











I really do feel like I can't blink or they will be standing there in their wedding dresses.
















Layla is beautiful inside and out, through and through. I am so proud of the girl she is and who she is becoming. I'm excited for her to be baptized and to have made those covenants with her Father in Heaven. Love you, our Layla Belle!