July 9, 2018

happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July! We are so grateful to live in America and to enjoy all of our freedoms here. This holiday followed after some rough days for me (ugh, cancer!), but we ended up having a full, yet relaxing day.

Stef and her kids spent the whole day with us, but Jacqui and my parents joined us for swimming and a bbq. We also taught the kids how to play the categories/spray bottle game. 












I still had my drains in so I couldn’t get in the water or get too hot and sweaty, but I love seeing our pool all filled up.









This was our first time in a looong time being in Arizona for the 4th. We weren’t quite sure what to do with ourselves. So we ended up at a local high school to watch the Gilbert fireworks show on the grass. 
























There is always someone... oh well. I love them all anyways. 






Perry wanted to take picture of the fireworks. He took my phone and 150 pictures later the show was over. 


When we got home, the kids wanted to do some of the small fireworks they had bought with Eric at the grocery store. We just lit one before trying to get the kids to bed. It made me homesick for Washington! We all loved the fourth in WA and I missed it so much this year.